You are here:
National Reo Māori Workshops: Video archives
These video clips (from the DVD entitled Ngā Awheawhe Reo Māori-a-Motu – meaning ‘National Māori Language Workshops’) came out of some one-day workshops, held in 2009.
The aim of the workshops was to familiarise teachers, principals and whānau with the guidelines for teaching Māori language in schools (years 1-13), namely Te Aho Arataki Marau mō te Ako i Te Reo Māori: Kura Auraki.
There are five key sections:
- He Mihi (Greetings)
- Whakapapa (The ‘Journey’ of Māori Language)
- Te Ako i Te Reo Māori (Teaching and Learning Māori)
- Te Whakarite Hōtaka (Programme Planning)
- Kōrero Āpiti (Additional Discussion)
Things to think about:
We encourage you to view each section to discuss:
- how your school is going to implement the Māori language guidelines
- what school-wide planning will look like for you
- resourcing implications.